Thursday, February 28, 2008

Caligrafía

Lo siento si no puedo traducir pero quiero empezar a escribir un poquito más denso y no lo he hecho por temor a no poder hacer una fiel traducción.

Le he estado enseñando un poco de caligrafía a Isabellita, prácticamente como me acuerdo que yo empecé a escribir y de paso le enseño las letras del abecedario. La verdad es muy difícil avanzar a su edad pero es muy interesante observar como se muestra interesada en el asunto y se lo toma a pecho. Tan a pecho, que la susodicha o personaje en cuestión decidió llevar la práctica del caballete a un lienzo mucho mas extenso: "las paredes de la casa."
No, pues que chimba!!! Dejó el apartamento hecho un papel completo. Y quienes tuvimos que pintar las paredes??? Aunque no lo crean! Isabellita, El gordo y yo! Claro, Isabellita tuvo que fregar las paredes por un buen tiempo para que entendiera de una vez por todas por qué no se deben usar las paredes como lienzo! Todavía no estamos seguros que ella haya entendido bien, así que tiene un castigo de un mes! No usar crayones, esferos, lápices, etc, etc, etc dentro de la casa!



For quite some time I have been wanting to write a little bit more than I have written lately and the only thing that stops me from it is thinking that I may be unable to translate as close as necessary, in other words I may find myself Lost in Translation, but that is ok. I'll do my best to fill you with the stories. Now, I will do my best to not make any grammar mistakes, so bear with me if something does not sound RIGHT.


I have been trying to teach Isabellita a little bit of calligraphy, technically the way I remember I was taught, also on the way, I teach her the abc’s (so she recognizes the letters). The truth is that is kind of difficult to advance due to her age, however it is very interesting to observe her interest on this matter, I would say she takes it very seriously. So seriously, that my little one has decided to bring the practice from the easel to (as a friend of mine says) a larger canvas: “The condo walls.”
Just great!!!!!!! She had the whole condo as a canvas!! Who had to paint the walls??? Believe it or not! Isabellita, Josh and me! Of course, Isabellita had to scrub some of the walls for quite some time, so she could understand why we don’t use the walls as a canvas! We are not sure she understood completely, so, just in case, she is being punished for a month! No, crayons, pens, pencils, etc, etc, etc inside the condo!


Como ven, ella escribió las famosas ondas de caligrafía, y una que otra raya, la letra "a", "l" y "a" formando la palabra "ALA." Por obvias razones, y aunque me fascinaría decir que mi hijita es un cerebrito, cualquier parecido con la realidad es pura coincidencia.

As you see, she wrote the some waves (from calligraphy), some scratches, the letter "a", "l" and "a", which forms the Spanish word "ALA (wing)." Obviously, and even though I would LOVE to say my little one is a genius!!! Ok, ok, a regular genius!!!! Any similarity with reality is only mere coincidence.

0 comments: