This part of the trip was stunning! In the way to Masada we stopped to observe the fact that we were below the sea level at that point. There was a man with a camel and this time I dared ride on it. Of course! I had no intention of putting the camel to walk but the owner did not understand and…well, you’ll see!


This is all I wanted, I just had a little curiosity! That is all!




...y ay! juemadre mano, topoe'múcura!
Mira los deditos de los pies!
Obviously, the guy did not understand anything I said...and oy vey! OMG!
Or should I say "Ay, Dios Mio!!!!" Look at my little toes!




Palms bearing dates
View from the funicular
The entrance
We have to walk a little more...


Bath
Tiled floors
en la cual la gente se bautiza para purificarse para eventos especiales,
tales como coversión al judaismo y otros
A Mikveh (for those who haven't seen S&TC series on HBO),
it is a jewish ritual bath in which people immerse
themselves on special occasions; such as conversion to judaism,
to attain ritual purity
Mosaics
que las personas que vivian aquí
no eran muy altas que digamos
The passages were very low, so you could think that
the people who used to live here were not very tall, huh?
construídas debajo del piso con el fin de hacer que el agua de los baños se enfriara,
así que en este area se podia escoger entre ir a los baños de aguas calientes o frias
Cold and hot baths, it is believed that those little columns were built
under the floor in order to make the bath water cool off,
so in this area you could choose whether you wanted to go to the cold or hot water bath
I thought the detail on the walls were interesting




You can see the Dead Sea from here



Isabellita aprovechó para llamar a su hermanita...que linda!
This place produces echo.
Isabellita decided to call her sister...soooo cuuuute!!!



This is the synagogue




Somebody is getting tired from the sun and the walking









































0 comments:
Post a Comment