Friday, November 07, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Dia Siete

Ya C? I used to be a very negative person, it used to be a defense mechanism for non-physical pain. As some of you know I can't handle pain! Any type of pain. So, I, being a negative person worked so well until I met my hubby, HE MADE ME.
This is how it works, I used to settle any type of outcome on the most negative way so, that if the outcome turned out to be positive I had a lot to gain. The things I could not control could either go wrong or right regardless of my efforts and when they got wrong my disappointment was such that I could actually get very depressed (pain).
Maybe I decided to grow up and face the challenges not matter how painful (yeah after I met my hubby). Anyway, I am mentioning this because my older daughter is having trouble managing her brand new sister. Don't get me wrong she loves her little sister, but she is reverting. I got already pretty good advice in one of the situations I did not know how to handle. The problem is that this was what I was afraid it would happen in case we had more than one baby. She is hurting and it hurts.
When we decided to go for it and have another baby, was when I decided to let the outcome be. Whatever happens! We are involving her in every aspect of the new baby, she knows how much mama and papa love her, but still she says to her father that she wants to be a baby, and it is probably because her mommy can't be with her all the time. She will overcome that stage, I know, but it hurts that my first born is hurting and I cannot make her understand that she is still my first love, the greatest and loving her little sister won't take my love out of hers.
So, I am a grown up, I wasn't negative about this outcome, I let it happened, I let it be; and IT HURTS. I'll get over it...
L

0 comments: