Las Arepas son una comida muy tradicional en Colombia, las hacen de diferentes maneras dependiendo del Estado del pais. Algunas son fritas y dulces, otras son asadas y saladas, otras son asadas pequeñas y simples, etc; aunque todas son de maiz. Yo las hago pequeñitas, saladas, asadas y figuritas para que las niñas se las coman.
Arepas are a baked or fried cornmeal bread or cake of traditional Colombian cuisine (venezuelan's also make it with the difference that they put meat on it --yummy!). Depending on the State of my country,the arepa is made with some differences, some are salted, some are sweet and some are just simple. The shape is the same but varies in size. I make them very small and in a variety of shapes to call the attention of my clientele (my girls!). They just love them!



3 comments:
I love arepas. A good friend of mine from college is venezuelan. So delicioso.
I'm like Susan, I love them too. I know them under the name of pupusas, aren't they the same?
I know pupusas are Bolivian, I had no idea that they were arepas, maybe they are empanadas with another name. I make empanadas too.
Post a Comment